By James Smith, “Food for the Soul” 1867
“And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.” Luke 9:53
And Jesus well knew the sufferings which would befall Him there! But such was His zeal for God, and such His love to us–that He was willing to go anywhere, suffer anything, or do anything–that would honor God or do us good.
- He went to Jerusalem—that we might not go to Hell.
- He was condemned—that we might be justified.
- He was punished—that we might go free.
- He died—that we might have eternal life.
Precious Lord Jesus, may I ever be willing…
- to go anywhere for You,
- to do anything for You, or
- to suffer anything in Your cause.